|We got soaked in the rain.|
Elder Charles and Elder Stevenson
The most interesting thing that happened was zone conference. We had a member of the seventy, Elder Klebingat, come and speak to us. It was a long conference, took the whole day, but it was worth it. He knows the scriptures so well. He started off by explaining exactly who we were in the pre-earth life, and what that means we have to do now. Super good, here's some of my favorite quotes:
• Tell yourself "I am here to fulfill a pre-mortal covenant to gather Israel"
• The pain of discipline is always better than the pain of regret
• Once we yield to temptation, we give the adversary ammunition with a memory
• You need to be better than yourself
• Fear, typically, is not to be overcome, but to be managed and controlled
• You are choosing today where you want to be for eternity
• Everything you do today is a reflection of the depth of your conversion
• Never make the first mistake once
• You cannot teach what you don't know, and you will not teach what you are not excited about
Lots of good stuff.
We also had our best lesson with Astrel and Saintana this week. We taught the plan of salvation with some little toys that my family had made for me and gave me last Christmas. It really made it all click for Astrel, he really liked the part about the spirit world and how nobody burns in hell haha. He took pictures of the final setup, each one moving the people down. I reenacted it to show you what I mean. He asked us to get some Scriptures from the Bible that talk about it so he can share it, so we went back yesterday with one for each of the major parts. They also got a car now, so hopefully Astrel can drive them all to church. Good stuff!
We also had our first member meal appointment since coming to this area haha. We got permission to go to Lehigh to have dinner with the Knoop family, and they made us a really nice meal. Grateful.
We didn't have any investigators come to church yesterday, but Saintana was there which was great. They had the baptism of the lady that wanted to get baptized after seeing Saintana's baptism, that was pretty neat.
That was pretty much it from this week, just a couple highlights but it was a good one. It's been raining off and on all week here, which is kinda nice. We've been needing some good rain, it keeps us cool while biking haha. Anyways hope you all have a great week!
Getting chases by a dog on our bikes. haha
|Vulture drying out in the sun. There are tons of vultures here.|
|Saintana had this on her TV last night, snagged a pic haha|