Tuesday, November 14, 2023

The Church of Change

 7/23/2018

Hello everyone! So this was my first week in Fort Myers! Nothing too out of the ordinary, just the area itself is very different from Immokalee haha. While my area in Immokalee was about 5 miles wide, my area now is about 30 miles wide haha. One of the smallest areas to one of the biggest haha. I'm actually back in civilization, actual cities haha. There's also lots more diversity than just Mexicans and Haitians, everything from Americans to Jamaicans to Puerto Ricans to Brazilians haha. As President Garns has said, "if you don't like change you're in the wrong church" haha.

My companion Elder Jocelyn is pretty great, he's a Haitian but he's from Pennsylvania. He's been on his mission almost a year, and this was his first week as a district leader haha. I have to admit that it feels weird to be the companion to the DL again, takes me back to the early days of my mission haha. He's been a little stressed but he's doing great.

We do have some cool people we're working with, a couple of them with dates to be baptized next month! We're gonna do all we can to make sure that happens haha.

Finding Haitians is difficult here, one thing we've been doing is driving around and using the white pages app to see the names of people in the area and picking out the Haitian sounding ones haha. It's kinda fun, makes me feel like a secret agent haha.

That's pretty much all I have to say for the week, still the same work just in a different place. Tomorrow is zone conference, which means that I will have to give a departing testimony. Never thought that day would come haha. I also have started on My Plan, a program the church has for missionaries in their last transfer to plan for life after the mission. One of the things I took away from this last week was that my purpose and "mission" will still be the same, to invite others to come unto Christ, I will just be acting in a new sphere. The mission is the MTC of life, and it shouldn't be the highlight of my life but a springboard into the rest of my life. I'm just going to finish strong so that I can go into the next chapter of life well prepared. Anyways have a great week! 

🇭🇹 Lanmou,
Eldè Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment