Tuesday, November 14, 2023

10 More Days

8/20/2018

Hello everyone! This was a good week. A couple interesting things happened.

I had my last interview with President. It was good,we just talked about things for a little while. He asked about my plans for when u get home and gave me some good advice. One of them was strikingly similar to what I shared from my departing testimony. He shared d&c 58:27-28 and stressed the importance of "of their own free will". He said that even in the professional world, there is a direct correlation between how much supervision someone needs, and how much they get paid. He said "If you can know what to do and just do it without having to have someone else tell you to, companies love that!" haha.

Thus week I also had an exchange with one of the ZLs, Elder Callahan. It was my first time being "in charge" of this area haha.We had a fun time together.

On Sunday it was a member's birthday, and he brought a big lunch to share with the branch. It was really good, but I wondered if it would be the last Haitian food I ate on my mission haha.

The works been moving along, we're teaching a lot of cool people and doing all we can to help them get to church. They just announced that our stake will be splitting next month, and elder Neil L Anderson will come to stake conference to do that. Kinda bummed that I'll miss that haha, oh well. It'll be interesting to see how that affects our branch, which cover the whole stake.

That's pretty much it. I forgot to mention last week that it technically marked 23 MONTHS as a missionary, and was also my 100th WEEK haha. Milestone. Today is another milestone, as it marks 10 DAYS until I depart. Where has all the time gone. Next week will be my last Pday, 2 days before I fly out. Time to make it count! Have a great week!

๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡น Lanmou,
Eldรจ Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment