Tuesday, November 14, 2023

This Is It

8/28/2018

Hello everybody! Well, this is it, my last email home. Usually this is the part where I give the transfer news, but we all know where I'll be transferring to haha. But Elder Jocelyn will also be leaving the area to go to Hollywood Creole, and Elder Nielson will be coming in with a trainee! What a wild ride haha. This was a good week to send it off.

This week we had a zone wide exchange, and Elder Tucker from Immokalee Creole came and joined me for the day. We didn't have much planned, but those plans were destroyed when we discovered that Elder Jocelyn had taken the car keys with him to Immokalee! Oof! And Elder Diego was borrowing my bike for the day! Oof! So Elder Tucker and I got to ride around with the Spanish elders all day and tried to find productive things to do haha. Let's just say that I got to know Elder Tucker pretty well haha.

We also had a lot of blitzes, where a bunch of missionaries go to one area to knock. It's pretty fun, we get to switch up companions while we knock. I've knocked with pretty much every elder in the zone by now haha.

This week we also had a day where we got to stay the night over with the Lehigh Acres elders to be able to work more in that area. That was a fun time, if only you knew Elder Meredith and Elder Campbell, then you would understand haha. We slept on the couches in the living room, the closest thing I've had to camping out since the hurricane haha.

On Sunday, you guessed it, they asked me to give a talk haha. I didn't prepare anything and just talked about some of the lessons I've learned from my mission and some experiences that I was grateful for. I'll probably be giving a more formal version (in English haha) in a couple weeks, so stay tuned haha.

I am truly grateful for all the experiences I've had from my mission. I had thought that by the end of my mission, I would have "caught every fish" so to speak. I would have gotten the answers to every question, had every experience, and would be set for life. But looking back now, I realize that the point of my mission was not to catch every fish, but to learn how to catch every fish. And that is the lesson that I am truly grateful for. I have so much more to look forward to, and I thank my Heavenly Father for the miracle that was my mission.

See you soon!

๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡น Lanmou,

Eldรจ Stevenson 

No comments:

Post a Comment