Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Surprise! Transfer Week!



P-Day in Miami
Hey everyone! So I feel like I should preface this letter by saying that I forgot to tell you that during transfers, P-day is on Tuesday instead of Monday so that you can pack if you are leaving. So I didn't forget about you. More on all that later!

So this week was kinda slow and boring again. One of the main things we did this week was help the Murray family in the ward move. They're a middle aged couple that's pretty well to do and they were moving from one ritzy apartment place to another ritzy apartment place. So naturally I made sure to ride in a rolling office chair through the halls. I definitely know that they have security cameras set up everywhere and that I probably shouldn't have but eh. It was a pretty rushed move too because only Sister Murray was there to help us, and then after we loaded everything into the Uhaul the other Elders had to leave, so then it was just me and Elder Lund helping her move all the stuff into the new place. On top of that we were only allowed to be there for 1 hour because you had to reserve the freight dock in advance if you are moving in. In the end we went 30 minutes over the limit and made friends with the maintenance guy so that we could keep using the freight elevator. But we did it! Then Sister Murray took us out to eat at a pancake place afterwards. I got biscuits and gravy and it was super good.

We also are doing the Haitian Choir still. It's pretty fun. We got a lady in the ward to play piano for us. Her name is Sister Vogel and she used to play organ for MoTab! She even learned to play organ on the tabernacle organ. She's down here for retirement now. She had shoulder replacement surgery so she had to retire. Also she has arthritis in her hands but she still wants to help us out. Cool lady. We're singing Premier Noel (first noel in French) on Christmas. Should be good.

So transfers were yesterday! Elder Lund and I are both staying put (thankfully) but Elder Ajayi and Elder Child are being whitewashed ["whitewashed" is when both missionaries transfer out at the same time] out. The new Elders coming in their area are a Haitian named Elder Biseret (I don't know how to spell his name yet, it's pronounced bee-sir-ette) and Elder Blood! Yes, the very same from the MTC. That makes 2 Elders that I knew in the MTC that I'd have lived with in 2 transfers. 

Almost forgot, on Sunday we had The United Methodist Church of Opa-Locka come sing to us in sacrament meeting. Apparently a few months ago the ward did a service project for them so they wanted to come sing for us. They sang a few hymns which they were pretty timid about, didn't seem very well prepared, and then the last song they got all out singing this song that goes like "JESUS! JESUS! OHHHHHHHHHH WHAT A WONDERFUL CHILD" and it was all gospel-y and stuff. Pretty fun, never thought I'd see something like that in sacrament meeting. 

That's pretty much it. We have 1 cool potential set up though. His name is Franz Pierre, he was a Bible referral and wanted a BoM [Book of Mormon] as well. He seemed really interested in going forward and was going to come to church on Sunday with his girlfriend (who he said would also be really interested but lives up in Fort Lauderdale) and we were going to teach them afterwards. But his work schedule changed so he was working all day and couldn't come. Hopefully we can start teaching him.

​I made Donna's [our neighbor] banana bread this week! It was pretty good, but I started it kinda late so I had to take it out of the oven with flashlights (lights out is at 10:30) and I covered it until morning. It got a little bit
dried out but still really good.​
Here's my planner for this transfer. Made it myself. I think it turned out pretty good!

Lanmou,

Eldè Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment