Monday, December 5, 2016

A Week in The Life of a Missionary: Photo Journal

Hi everyone! So I have a ton of pictures this week for some reason. So I'm just gonna explain each of the pictures and that'll be my email for the week. Plus I have lots of emails from all of you (#ChristmasPerks) so that'll take some time but it's all good. If there's anything that the pictures don't talk about I'll include a little thing at the bottom about it so we'll still get to everything, don't worry about it. 

Here's our gator with one of the santa hats from my Christmas package! Thanks mom! ​

Elder Lund was practicing piano last week, so I just went ham on the chalkboard. Repost if you understand any of it. ​

​We had a temple trip this week! So in our mission you only go to the temple once, on your last day in the mission. UNLESS you do a tour with one of your recent converts, or one of them is taking out their own endowments or something like that. So we took one of the recent converts in our area, Niviane, on a temple tour! It was fun, got some good pictures. Maybe I'll make Christmas cards out of one of them or something, that'd be fun.

​Here's Niviane out front of the temple.​



​Me and Elder Lund. 

​I like this one better, you get the whole temple in it.​
Cool statues they had out for christmas time I'm assuming. 
Dramatic side action shot of the fountains.​​​

Generic Wallpaper Photo ​

Here's some of the lights I got in the Christmas package that I strung across my desk. Matches my Frozen bedsheets.​ 
On the left is a stocking that the Johnsons, an awesome young student family that feeds us, made for me. They are going out of town for Christmas so when we went over on Sunday they had everything all Christmasy and said it was our Christmas dinner. The house was decorated, they made a roast and potatoes, served eggnog and light a pineapple sherbet punch, and made each of us our own stockings with treats inside! They are so awesome, the Johnsons are my favorite. And their little kids are so cute. The stocking had some chocolates, mandarin oranges, and a tie! So cool.

On the right is an awesome package from Sister Cuillard! She sent letters with little treats and quotes from general authorities in them for every day leading up to christmas. Thank you so much!​

​Here's a little tree I made with lights from the christmas package. Also you can kinda see the nativity that the girls made for me next to it.​

A better picture of the nativity and stocking. Thanks!

Some other things that happened this week are that I went on exchange with the ZLs (Zone Leaders) for a day. That was fun, I went to their area in Hialeah West and it's all Spanish, so I did lots of smiling and nodding. It was good though. We found some cool people while knocking and met with some less actives and just chatted about stuff.

We also did some zone blitzes, which is where everyone in the zone goes to one area and knocks doors for an hour. Our area was the first one we did it in since we don't have any investigators. We found some potentials from it but none of them were that cool, so still no investigators. We're working on it though, hopefully by next week we'll have someone to teach.

That's pretty much it for this week, thanks for all the love! 

Lanmou,

Eldè Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment