Monday, April 17, 2017

Well... It Was A Week

​My new planner cover!​
Hey everyone! So, this week was a week. I don't know what else to really say about it haha. All we really did was knock doors all day every day. A couple things of note however:

One day while we were knocking we found Evans! He is a less active member from Haiti that no one knew about. He moved here about a year ago and hadn't been able to find the church! He still remembers a lot from when he was baptized 7 years ago, and the second time we saw him he had a friend there visiting that we taught the Restoration to! He'd met with missionaries in the past in Haiti and has even visited the church before. He leaves in a few days, but hopefully it'll spark something when he's back in Haiti. Evans just started a new job too and works Sundays, so we'll just drop by once a week until he can get Sundays off and come to church.

A day in the life
Bertina is still doing awesome! All 3 of her kids are set to be baptized with her too. Her date is for the 29th, and we still have a lot to teach her because she has so many questions. But that's a problem we want to have! She loves the church and her kids are already making friends too. One of them even asked if we could move the baptism up a week so he could go on a temple trip with the youth! We're going to be doing our best to see them every day so they can be ready for baptism. Probably the coolest family I've ever met, hopefully things keep up!

Yesterday was Easter, and I'm going to take the opportunity to share my testimony. I know that God and Jesus Christ live. I know that Jesus Christ was the Son of God and the Savior of the world. I know that His church was restored in our days through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and contains the fullness of the Everlasting gospel. I know that we are led by living prophets and apostles today as in days of old. I know that through faith in Christ, repentance, baptism and other covenants, and continuing to the end of my life that I will return to live with God one day. I am grateful for my friends and family who support me and for this opportunity to preach this gospel to the world.

Lanmou,

Eldè Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment