Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Transfers Are Here Again

Hi everyone! Let's get the transfer news out of the way, since that's probably most important. I am.....staying! Elder Lund is.......transfering to Fort Lauderdale to be with Elder Ajayi! Elder Bissereth is......transfering to The Next Bedroom Over to "greenie-break" me and will stay the District Leader! Elder Blood is......staying and his new companion will be Elder Dubbison! So the most important thing to get from that is that my mailing address is still the same. ;)

Not a whole lot to talk about this week. I got a snazzy new haircut at a Colombian barber shop.

Classic self-portrait of my new haircut.​

Modern selfie of my new haircut!​
Georges is still cool! He has a car to get to church now! He didn't come last week because he didn't have gas but hey, baby steps. We've taught him about the Restoration and so far he seems okay about it. Lots of questions, we usually spend most of the time answering his questions but that's okay. He lives with his cousin Patinson and we've been teaching them both. He's the one with the car, so they want to come to church together now. We'll see them tomorrow evening to teach about the Book of Mormon. Georges says he wants to learn more before he commits to baptism, which is understandable so hopefully he stays cool.

We helped Bishop Robles clean out a shed at the church, it was pretty fun. We got to rummage through the stuff for anything we wanted to keep. We found some cool fake books you can use to store things and a giant pink glass diamond in a fancy box and everything, so we took those home with us. There was also a wheelchair in there, so naturally I rode around in it while taking stuff to the dumpster. At one point Elder Blood started tipping me backwards, and some kids drove by in a car a little ways off and thought he was bullying me. They started yelling at him so he put me down, and I dramatically stood up and started walking. They started screaming and laughing and drove off, pretty sure they thought it was a miracle but it was funny. Maybe they'll come to church now.

I can also say that I now have a testimony that TV turns your brain to mush. We went to get an oil change for our car and ended up waiting there for 4 hours with nothing to do but watch the TV they had on. After almost 3 months of no media stimulation, it was taxing. The shows weren't even good, there was a boring documentary about frogs, then highlights from X Games Motocross, then depressing stories of cancer patients getting their final wishes from Make-A-Wish. I was so tired after that, but we still worked for the rest of the night. Fun times.

That was pretty much it for this week. Keep up the Good Work back home, and let me know how it's going! 

​Elder Bissereth with Elder Smith in the Tesla. Included this since Elder Bissereth will be my new companion. He's a really cool and fun guy, it'll be interesting. Especially since he's still the District Leader!​
My latest planner cover. It shows how I've logged out of all these things and locked them away. All taken from pictures in this month's Ensign


Lanmou,

Eldè Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment