Monday, November 7, 2016

I'm Finally Here!


Hey everyone! I'm back (after surgery), and safe and sound in Florida. 

Here's my address to send stuff to:
671 NE 195th St. Apt. #219 
Miami, Florida 33179

This has been a busy week. Started when the shuttle to pick me up didn't tell me it was there, or knock on my door, so I took an Uber to the airport last minute. I got through the airport just fine, I was super tired but didn't get much rest on the flights. The APs, Elder Johns and Elder Vancott, were there to pick me up and we waited for some sisters to get in on the next flight from the Mexico MTC. 

I was the last one to get to the mission home and we had sloppy joes for dinner. I met with President Richardson and had a quick training with the APs about mission rules and stuff. Then everyone else went to a hotel to stay the night. I had to stay with the APs while they finished up business since there was an odd number of us. I slept in their house for the night, but I was so tired that I didn't really care, I just went straight to bed.

The next day I met my trainer. His name is Elder Lund and, get this, he's from Camarillo! He's a cool guy and should be a good "dad". We had a short meeting and lunch with the mission president, and then we were off.

Elder Lund and I are opening up a new area, they split an old one in half. My area is the Miami Shores West area in the Hialeah zone. We live with another set of Creole elders, Elder Ajayi and Elder Child. I met Elder Ajayi in the MTC, he's a pretty cool guy, baptized 2 years ago. Elder Child is the District Leader, my district is us 4 and 2 other Spanish Elders.

Things have been going pretty well so far, been doing lots of knocking and contacting referrals since we don't really have investigators yet. We've been meeting with recent converts- met some of the ward families and had dinner with them.

I got rusty in the language while I was home, but Elder Lund's doing a good job of helping me and taking it slow. He's been out for a bit over a year now.

The weather is great, not really hot or muggy at all. It rained a lot on Saturday.

Sunday was exhausting. My ward is the Miami Shores Ward. It's kinda small but it's good- has lots of Haitian families and students. We had dinner with a student couple and they made a dinner that was all green since I'm a greenie. That was funny, it was like a wrap with chicken that was dyed green and everything.

​Here they all are.
In the back is Elder Lund, Elder Child in the middle, then Elder Ajayi.
I don't have pictures yet, I can only take pictures on P-day, but here's one of all of us right now. I'm probably not going to be coming back to email later either, so I'll send pictures and respond to emails next time. Keep sending those letters and emails, I love getting them. And keep me updated with what's going on with you guys at home. 

Here's some lyrics for you all:

"Paske ou te gen yon mal jou, w ap pran yon anba, ou chant yon chanson tris jus vire toutotou!"


Lanmou,

Eldè Stevenson




No comments:

Post a Comment