Sunday, September 4, 2016

22 More Fast Sundays!


[I stole this from Elder King's blog. Can't turn off the Calculus!]
Hey all! Emails are awesome. I have another line from a song down at the bottom, so be sure to look for that.

So last Sunday our district decided to do a musical number in sacrament meeting. Our plan was to sing "I Need Thee Every Hour" in Creole, "Mwen Bezwen Ou Tout tan." So we started talking and I mentioned that I had a solo in choir. Then everyone wanted to hear me sing solo, so I sang the last verse of the song. Everyone was amazed, so they decided that we would all sing 3 verses and on the last verse I would sing solo and they would hum. Cool. That was Saturday night. 

They have actual mountains here.​
Fast forward to Sunday morning. We hadn't had a lot of practice time, so like 10 minutes before we leave for sacrament everyone is feeling bad about it. So we decide that instead of everyone going up, I would sing THE WHOLE SONG SOLO, with accompaniment from the piano. 

So in sacrament meeting they announce that "District C will give a special musical number" and I walk up by myself. And guess what? No pianist. Maybe he forgot or was confused or something. So I just sing. I'm up at the podium singing solo for about 100 people. And needless to say, it was amazing. I had several people come up to me after to say that even though they didn't know what I was saying they could feel the Spirit. 

​I love this tie with this suit. Thanks Papa!​
President Willes said thank you as well. I still get people every once in awhile come up and be like "Hey, you're the one that sang in sacrament huh? That was super good." So yeah, that's the story of my solo in the MTC. Scored some major points with the sisters Just kidding!

Brother Augustin is doing a thing where he pulls each of us aside and tells us what he thinks our mission will be like. He told me that I'm a competent missionary, and that I will be a favorite companion. He also said that I'm a lifter, as in I lift other people up. That was pretty cool, I can't wait to see what it's actually like in the field.

Our Tuesday devotional was with Elder Richard J. Maynes, one of the presidents of the Seventy. He spoke about the worth of one soul, and the impact one missionary can have. In devotional review I shared the story of The Mighty Thor that Dad sent, and everyone liked it. 

Last night, Elder Firth wasn't feeling well so he asked if I could give him a blessing. It was my first priesthood blessing ever. We did it in the classroom, Elder Hassell anointed and I sealed. I had Elder Burns next to me holding the white handbook so I knew what to say. We all stood in the circle. I felt almost like I wasn't worthy, like "Shouldn't you go ask an adult? Wait..." It was a neat experience, and really showed me the importance of the priesthood that I hold, and that I need to be way more diligent about keeping myself worthy in case something like that happens again.

My Haircut. It feels really short.​
Just got back from the temple. Did sealings again today because there was a wait for initiatories. Made me think of the Sheranians and how Marie is getting married tomorrow. Elder King, Elder Firth and Elder Duffin got their flight plans today because they leave a week before the rest of us going to Fort Lauderdale. Firth and Duffin are going to Orlando and have a direct flight, so there's a good chance mine will be too. That means that if you want to call home you have to do it before your flight in the airport instead of on layover. That also means that you'll have to be up pretty early to get the call, so we'll see how it goes. I'll probably get my flight plans next Friday, so I'll let you know. Exciting but also a little sad.

That's pretty much it for this week. Keep me updated on everything going on! I miss the news. I love it when you send notes and pictures too. Just a little while longer before I'm out in the field! I love and miss you all!

This guy [another Elder?] had a mattress pad wrapped around him and a cardboard sign that said "Anything Helps, God Bless" while he slept outside. It was pretty funny.​

Accurate depiction of our teachers.​

​Elder Lantor drew portraits of us. I'm convinced I look like Danny Devito or something.​


​Someone drew this on the Tongan whiteboard and it reminded me of the reunion.​ [singing I Lava You]


​Creepy pic of my comp.

Here is my song for the week:
"Ki moun kapab di kote wout a fini, kote jou a ale, sèlman tan."

Lanmou,

Eldè Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment